Yesterday I was going to write this post and it was going to be titled "OPK frustration", but I didn't write it and I am glad I didn't!!!
OPK's (Ovulation Predictor Kits) are especially helpful for lesbian couples because the timing of our insemination's needs to be just right. So you know when your OPK is positive that you will ovulate in approx 12-24 hours. We really want these to work for us so that we are ensuring that our insemination's are timed the best they can be. I am extremely lucky that my cycles are SUPER regular and in the last 6 months I have ovulated on CD 15 or CD 16, mostly on CD16. More on my charting to come. J
Anyway, we ordered some cheapie OPK's online in Jan. and they got here on my CD15. I tested as soon as I got home that evening and it was positive! Turns out I also ovulated on that same day. We were pretty excited!
Then Feb. comes along and I start testing on CD12 and all the way through CD16 they were negative. Grrrr! I think my timing may have been off though so I switched it up and tested a bit later in the day. So instead of noonish and 5:00pm, I went to a noonish and 9-10pm schedule. (To be honest, I was pretty anxious about missing it again so I tested more frequently, like 3 times a day, when it got closer to CD15.)
Yesterday was CD15 and I totally expected that little happy face to pop up all day. But nope, he stayed hidden and all I got was that stupid blank circle. Boo! I was pretty bummed about it last night and felt like OPK's were just not going to help us out. Today I found a post on thebump.com where a few people said that they have never gotten a +OPK. So I resigned to the fact that I was one of those women who wouldn't.
Then at lunch, I tested again and....
HELLO Mr. Smiley face! We are so happy to see you!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment