Monday, October 17, 2011

Introducing...

Baby S!!!! aka "The Bun"













We had our first ultrasound today and it was simply amazing!! We were both in awe and enjoyed every little moment. The doctor said that everything was perfect and right on track.

We didn't get to hear the heartbeat this time but we got to see it flickering like a little Christmas light, incredible. The heart rate was 128bpm.

The Bun is measuring at 6w3d, 5.84mm CRL (crown to rump length), and according to the new due date (6/9/2012) that the doctor gave us, based on my ovulation date instead of my last menstrual period date, I am 6w2d. Guess we have to change that ticker!

Dr. A said my uterus was a good size and beautiful (I am sure she says that to all the ute's) and my lining looked nice and thick. She even showed us the corpus luteum which is helping the pregnancy along with progesterone. She gave us the option of having another ultrasound with them or transferring to my OB. I am going to email the OB tomorrow and see if she wants to see me or refer me to a perinatologist, but we made an appointment with them anyways, just in case. She also gave me the dates that I will stop taking the progesterone suppositories and the baby aspirin, honestly I am looking forward to that!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Very exciting! Little "bun bun" is growing nicely!

Sugar said...

Yeah for good stats on the Bun! I love U/S pics!!