Sunday, October 16, 2011

Announcements

We had so much fun announcing our pregnancy to our families. We tried to make it fun for each person we told. Here is how it went:

N’s Family:

As soon as we got that BFP we knew exactly how we wanted to tell my family, we wanted it to be a surprise so we knew we had to work fast as they were all very aware of where in the 2ww we were. Luckily with the BFN the day before, we bought ourselves a little time. So the night of the BFP we printed out our BFP picture and took them to Party City, we rolled them up and placed them in balloons filled with helium. We wrote “Pop Me” on the balloon and off we went.

At my parents house we parked down the street, and walked up to their house. I was SUPER sneaky and walked the balloon up to their door…like this…





Well I didn’t take into account the window next to the door, and my family sitting on the couch with a GREAT view of the open window. They totally saw my sneak walk and I believe the conversation went like this:

Mom: Did someone just walk up to the door?
Sister: Yeah, it was N and she was being sneaky?

So I put the balloon on the doorstep and rang the bell, then I realized that I could go back past the window so I freaked out and ran in a little circle and then jumped behind a pillar. J was hiding on the other side of the garage, so we waited. Dad answered the door, saying What are you two being sneaky about….he took the balloon inside and left the door open (because since he knew it was us he figured we would come in LOL), we heard the Pop and then nothing for a minute and then my sister ran out and found be behind the pillar videoing her reaction. Then my Mom and Dad followed, crying and gave us huge hugs!!

We went inside and were all excited for a minute, then I asked them if they wanted to come with us to do the same thing to my other sister and her husband. Of course they wanted to so we all piled in the car.

Halfway over there every single one of our phones went off…it was my SISTER!!! We all went silent for a second until we realized that she was sending us a funny picture of herself, and we could see her house in the background so we knew they were home! Yay!!

We again parked around the corner and doorbell ditched them, no large window issues this time!
My brother-in-law answered the door and said “Pop Me? …honey I think we got….” (door closes) and an eternity later (seriously like 2 minutes!!) my sister came running out the door screaming and jumping up and down!!! Here is the funniest part of the story, they thought they got “Boo’d” and took their time popping the balloon!! Once my sister saw what was inside she freaked out, threw the picture at her husband and started ripping into the balloon weight!! In her own words “like you guys were in there or something” then she realized that we would be outside and ran out!! We have her reaction on video and it is hilarious!!

J's family:

We were lucky that we were able to get J's family (well most of it) together all at the same time. We do a Sunday family day with them and it was our turn to have it at our house. J's brother and girlfriend were not able to make it and we were super bummed about it. Then earlier in the morning he called and said he was in the area waiting for some friends and was going to stop in for a few minutes! Yay!! As he was talking J slipped him the picture of the positive test. He was really excited and jumped off the couch and hugged us. He then "guaranteed" it is going to be a boy! "GUAR-UN-TEED" LOL

Later in the day, J's mom, other brother, sister, her girlfriend and girlfriends daughter came over for family day. We made mimosa's and had everyone come over to the counter to toast. I had one in my hand of course and J made the toast and said "Cheers to me drinking N's mimosa because she is pregnant!" and then I gave mine to her, everyone freaked out! There were a lot of hugs and everyone was really happy.

J's Dad lives in southern California so we were not able to tell him in person, so over the phone was the way we went. We called and told him and he said "Well that just made my day" and asked when we were due and stuff. They continued their conversation and then I think it hit him again cause a few minutes later he said "that's f'n awesome!" LOL I thought this was really funny and so typical of her Dad!

We also found some clever ways to tell friends and some more family. We snuck in a picture of the positive test with some more pics and when we handed them the stack of pics we would say "Oh we printed these out a couple days ago" or "Oh we wanted to give these to you guys" They'd fall right into our trap, browse the pics and WAM we're pregnant! That was fun. We also told my step mom by putting a hamburger bun in the oven and telling her "hey come check out what N is baking"; it took her a little bit, but she got it! We've cheers'd with beers with a buddy of J's. Oh and also J's forever friend surprised us the other way when she read the blog before we had breakfast this morning! She and her hubby had flowers, a cute froggy and card to congratulate us with. Good stuff!

All in all, it has been a blast and very enjoyable telling people in such fun ways. We are happy with who knows for now, and as the weeks go by I'm sure we'll let the bun in the oven be more known.

Lastly, we are REALLY excited for our first ultrasound tomorrow. We hope for some wonderful reassurance and will take anything we can get; good of course ;)

5 comments:

Isa said...

How fun! We weren't able to get people together to do anything sneaky, but I'm glad that you guys are more than making up for it! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are so awesome. I love every bit of it!!!

Mom said...

It was so much fun! I loved reliving it through your blog! This baby will bring such joy to so many! The bun is a very lucky baby!

Sugar said...

What great stories...I love the "surprise" way of telling people! The first one with the window...that would totally be me..thinking I'm being sneaky and forgetting all about the window! Awesome!

Dad/papa said...

The news was sooo exciting and the ballon was
Perfect. I popped it and saw what was inside, looked and
Tammy and lost it. All I could do was give it to her and hug her. Such a joyous evening.
Oh the sneaking video was soo true and funny!
Busted!! Lol
Dad