So, we are having some due date confusion over here and are not sure what date to go with. My first appointment with my OB isn't until Nov. 9th and I am certainly not waiting that long to get an answer!
Originally we calculated it based on LMP (last menstrual period date. Then the RE told us another date based on what she said was ovulation...but according to every online calculator (and I have done a good 10+ or so) that date is not based on either.
So here is what we know:
Based on LMP: June 6th 2012
Based on FF's ovulation date: June 6th 2012
Based on second IUI date (ultrasound detected no ov the morning of the 1st): June 7th 2012
Random date from Dr. A: June 9th 2012??????
Ultrasound dated the Bun at 6w3d (I thought I was 6w5d going in and told 6w2d coming out)
So I am either 6w4d, 6w6d, or 7w0d today!!! ARGH!
What do you guys think? I don't want to question the RE (not my normal RE) but I am thinking she was wrong!!
4 comments:
until your OB tells you what she's going to use, use the latest date you are given--it gives you more time to be pregnant before you're induced. Also, don't worry too much--I've been telling people 'April' and not the actual date because the likelihood that the kid shows up on the actual due date is pretty slim.
Since babies are typically born 2 weeks before - 2 weeks after your EDD I would say the 3 day difference isn't going to make much difference so go with your gut. I like the June 6 th date personally! :)
The annoying answer: it doesn't matter since its just an estimate.
My answer: it freaking matters! When you are in the early weeks and you want to count how many weeks you are it feels really important to know your "week switch" day! I would go with your original June 6th until your OB changes it since you want to be the same as what they do. Happy 7 weeks!
okay, i thought about waiting until we see each other next to tell you this, but then i realized it wasn't for another week SO i'm gonna pipe in here ... lol
i can understand why we get caught up in due dates. it gives us a goal and a precise way to countdown to when our little miracles are going to join our world.
BUT as a labor and delivery nurse i cannot understand why we get caught up on due dates. your due date is based off an imprecise calculation called Naegle's Rule (can't believe i still remember that! LOL) that assumes conception took place precisely two weeks after the first day of your menstrual period. even with ivf, due dates are not accurately calculated because the true growth begins when implantation occurs and as we know there is a range for when that can happen. additionally, i can tell you in the two years of working in L&D i can count on one hand the number of women i've seen deliver naturally ON their due dates (i don't count inductions). as your mom said, women can deliver anywhere from 38 to 42 weeks - that's perfectly natural. so a due DAY should really just be a due MONTH. =)
anyhow, i say all of this to tell you that despite my chosen profession and our collective laugh at women's obsessions with due dates, i too love the countdown and it's just fun to think there's a certain day bun will join you and J's world. so i personally would go with dr. A's date because the early measurement of the baby is the most precise guesstimate you're going to get.
anyhow, that's my two cents. lol ... bun's right on track no matter his/her due date and thankfully there's no confusion about that. =)
Post a Comment