Saturday, July 9, 2011

IUI #2

Back to NCFMC we went yesterday for insem attempt #2!

Dr. M was in so he did the IUI, I was surprised that the ultrasound machine wasn't set up because I assumed that they did that every time. I asked him about it and he said that they could spare me of that for today unless I wanted one. I kinda did as I have turned into quite the worry wort about my reproductive organs lately. So he said ok, we can do it after the IUI.

He got it ready and again let J push the whole syringe! Have I mentioned lately how much I love our clinic!! Then he did the ultrasound and it was SO COOL! He verified that I had in fact ovulated, the follicle was much smaller and we also showed us the sperm being absorbed into the fallopian tubes, there was this little black open area at the back of my uterus where J had just injected them and as we watched the area get smaller and smaller! Wow!!

Again I got to lay there for 10 minutes and then we were done! Swim little guys swim!

So now starts the 2ww again, as excited as I am to have the opportunity to have a 2ww, it still sucks! LOL

4 comments:

Grammy said...

I'm happy you had such a good experience! The 2ww is brutal but so happy you have one! :)

Auntie J said...

That's so exciting!! I bet that was really awesome to watch! I have high hopes :)

Mama L said...

oh wow ... i'll admit, i'm a little jealous. how cool would it be to see the spermies get sucked up like that?!

yin! said...

How exciting! We have our first iui next month and I can only imagine how nervous I will be during the 2ww. Good luck hopefully this cycle is the one!