Friday, July 8, 2011

IUI #1

Yesterday was our first IUI at the clinic. Dr. M wasn't there so Dr. A did the insem. She was very nice and gave us a lot of information.

First off she did the ultrasound and the follicle grew overnight to 25mm!! Yay! She also said my lining was "beautiful" and just what they like to see! "It's just gorgeous" she and the nurse said. Yay again! And lastly she said that my uterus, for being Unicornuate, looks like a great size and I should be able to carry with no problems! YAY!!! I also found out that my blood-work all came back normal and my blood type is O-. 

She did the IUI and let J push the WHOLE syringe! That was very exciting for both of us! I then got to lay there for 10 minutes and we were all set. The post wash count was 12 million motile sperm which they assured us is very good; anything over 8 million is a great number!









We cannot get over how convenient and stress free it is here in our hometown, instead of having to drive all the way to SF. Besides, their communication here is top notch. They even have everything online on a portal so that I can obsess and check multiple times a day to see if anything changes, oh I mean to keep us in the loop. ;) 

Round 2 this afternoon since the follicle had not burst, meaning I did not yet ovulate yet. So we get 2 shots at it this time!

**There are an awful lots of !'s in this post! Hi, I'm N and I'm a !-aholic!!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Sounds awesome! Seems like a much more pleasant experience. Cmon little swimmers! Go for the gold! :) I know, I'm a dork!

Danielle said...

Yay! This sounds like a great experience, and SO much more convenient!!!

I love the graphic! Come on little buddies, you've got this! Go Go Go! That is a great count on the motility, yay for donor #2!

Good luck with number 2!

Hi I am Danielle and I too am an !-aholic

Mama L said...

SO glad you had a better experience with Dr. A than I did! oh these TWWs are excruciating! counting down the days ...