Friday, March 9, 2012

3 Weeks!?!

It's been almost 3 weeks since I posted last! Bad bad blogger!!

Today is a big day, day 1 of the THIRD trimester! I can't even believe it, its so crazy to me how fast this pregnancy has gone (not that's its close to being over, hopefully) even though at times it felt like it was moving SO slowly!!

I am still feeling really good and LOVING being pregnant. Especially on G's active days, he moves around SO much and I just love every second of it. There have been a few days where he is really quiet and I hardly feel him  and I get really panicky. I can't help it, I'm not usually a worrier in life but when he doesn't move all rational thoughts leave my mind. I am hoping that the third trimester will be as enjoyable as the second, although I am realistic also and know that the fatigue and aches and pains are on their way. I am just hoping that they will stay away for just a bit longer. So far I haven't had a whole lot of swelling, just occasionally in my hands in the mornings. I work at a desk all day so at least I don't have to be on my feet. I also haven't had any heartburn (knocking on wood) and I am sure it is coming but overall I feel so good. I could be pregnant all the time! J also loves me being pregnant and loves to rub this belly all the time.

The last 2 weeks have been very emotional as we lost a member of my family, my grandmother. She was beautiful, spirited, funny, crafty and loved each of us SO much. She took J in as one of her own and never looked back, something I am thankful for everyday. Her heart was so big and was in inspiration to me. It was a huge blow to all of us, she went very sudden and unexpectedly. We have been dealing with the loss as a family and I am so thankful for how close my family is at this time. I am sad that G will never know his GiGi and that she will never get to meet him. She won't be at our baby shower in a couple of weeks and she won't be at the hospital for his birth, but I know she will be there is spirit and was so excited to have another great grandchild. As sad as I am for that I can not imagine how my Mom feels to have lost her Mom. My Mom is one of the most important people in my life and I can't imagine her not in it.

My grandma used to call me Gertrude when I was young, just so I would argue back with her that my name was not Gertrude, but little does she know that sometimes, when I am feeling spunky and feisty, I think I AM Gertrude!

A picture post will be coming up later to document how big this belly has gotten, hopefully I remember to take one today. We are preparing our house for an exciting event, Momma L and Momma B's baby shower on Sunday. It's going to be so fun and I am sure they will share pictures of it on their blog but if not I will!!

3 comments:

Isa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. :( It's such a loss, especially so close to meeting your baby.

Mama L said...

I'm so confused when the third trimester starts ... I've read any where from week 26 to week 29. lol ... Guess it doesn't really matter because it's just so friggin' exciting we've made it this far!! YAY growing boys. =) Baby G is one lucky duck with such awesome mommies ... and a very close, equally awesome family to support him. I'm still so sorry to hear about your gma. <3

P.s. I'm super excited about the baby shower this weekend. SUPER!

BMar said...

Yea for 3rd trimester! I am totally in the same boat with you regarding the baby's "quiet days" it still freaks me out a little.
I am so jealous you haven't gotten heartburn. I had Acid Reflux before pregnancy so they upped my meds and now I don't want to eat anymore b/c it hurts so bad.
I am sorry to hear about your grandma:(