Wednesday, March 21, 2012

If you're happy and you know it turn around...

This is my favorite part of that song because my adorable niece B turns in little circles with a HUGE smile on her face! But I am referring to G in this case, because this is what I want HIM to do! Just turn around baby boy!

So at our last peri appointment we found out that G had moved into a full Frank Breech position. He had been folded up in half and transverse of weeks and I knew something had changed based on his movements and how I was feeling him. For those that need a visual here is a normal position and a Frank Breech position...
G's legs are not bent at the knee's though, his feet are straight over his head. 

Typically with this kind of position at 27ish weeks there would be no worries as the baby would have plenty of time to turn around and be head down. However with my Unicornuate Uterus there is less time because as he grows he will run out of room to turn. So starting this week I am doing some things that I read about online to encourage him to flip over. An External Cephalic Version is also an option but I am not so sure about it, it poses some extra risks to me since my uterus is smaller, the risk of uterine rupture is higher. If he doesn't turn we will explore this option but we will probably not go this route. So here are some of the things that I am/will be doing. Most of them came from the website spinningbabies.com. 

  • Forward Leaning Inversion: I have done this a couple times and I am sure it is the funniest thing to watch!! Basically you kneel on the couch and then lean forward to rest your elbow's on the floor so your booty is sticking straight up in the air for 30 seconds. The idea is that you are using gravity to help him fall away from the cervix and pelvic bones and that the angle that you are at causes them to tuck their chin's like little gymnasts and do a somersault. 
  • Concerts: At least this is what I call them, basically I am playing music for him down low at the bottom of my belly to encourage him to go towards the music
  • J talks to him only down low now
  • Ice/Heat: I haven't done this one yet but you are supposed to put ice at the top of your belly and heat (very low setting) at the bottom so that the go away from the cold and towards the warm
  • Breech Tilt: I haven't done this one either but you take a plank or board of some kind and prop it up on the bed with the other end on the floor, put some pillows at the bottom for your head and lay inverted for about 20 minutes. 
  • Cat/Camel stretches: These feel AMAZING even if they are doing nothing! 
  • Webster Method: I had this done at the chiropractor 2 days ago and will go again today. The idea is that your hip bones, spine and tailbone needs to be in the correct position so that baby can get into the right position. If you read my 28 weeks post you will see why I ended up at the chiropractor in the first place, the Webster method just so happens to help with the pain I am currently having. 
  • Acupuncture/Moxi: I am not sure if I will do this one, mainly for the expense. If all of the above don't help I might just change my mind though!! 

1 comment:

K said...

Good luck getting your little guy to flip! I have been seeing a Webster chiro for the past 7-8 weeks and I think it's made a HUGE difference in the "uterine constraint" (as they call it) and the babies' positions. In fact, my critical babe (A) flipped head-down a few weeks into chiro treatment. Hope you get the same results! Great belly pic, by the way. You look wonderful!