Thursday, January 12, 2012

A space for our little guy

We have been having SO much fun designing, daydreaming about and shopping for Baby G's nursery. We have finally nailed down bedding (who knew bedding would be so hard), colors, and potentially furniture. Here is what we have for sure.

Bedding: We had a few choices for boys that we liked before we found out it was a boy and then suddenly as soon as we knew none of them were good enough anymore. Plus we aren't going to use bumpers or the blanket so buying a set seemed like it would just be too much for us. My mom graciously volunteered to make (with my novice help) a crib skirt so all we needed to do was find some cute sheets! This turned out to be a massive Internet search, we found a blog that had an adorable nursery with navy blue and white elephants and BOOM, that's what we wanted. J and I neither one are really into pastel colors, we like bold colors so navy was right on the money for us. Well apparently this is the hardest fabric IN THE WORLD to find, and if you find it, its out of stock. We were a little discouraged because we really loved it but we set off to find something similar. The next day I happened to go to the PBK website and sure as sh__ they have crib sheets in that exact same fabric!!! It's like it was fate!! They also had grey ones so we ordered both navy and grey sets.





We also found some gorgeous grey fabric and a grey hounds tooth to make a crib skirt. :) I can't wait to show off pictures when it is all done!!

Color Scheme/Theme: J and I have been drawn to elephants since we started trying to get pregnant so naturally we wanted an elephant "theme.: Neither of us are big theme-y people though so we knew we wanted subtle elephants. The colors originally were going to be Blue (a brighter one), brown and pops of orange. But the have morphed into Navy Blue, Grey and pops of orange, we LOVE it and can't wait to get painting! The walls will be striped with navy in the middle and grey on either side.

Here are some inspiration that we have found online.

I love the pennants over the window



Isn't this lamp adorable...too bad it's $395 (damn you Jonathan Adler!)



A bench like this with a orange cushion would look great under the window AND would add extra storage!
Love this wall decal




Do you see that hamper! Ahhhh so cute!! A must have!

3 comments:

Isa said...

Yay! I just made a crib skirt this morning--the room looks so much more finished now! Also, this isn't as cute as the JA one, but you could always paint it, and then go to vegas with the $300 you save... http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=226648113&sellerid=16881584

Mom said...

I can't wait to see it come together! When are we gonna start the bed skirt?

Danielle said...

I love it all! I can't wait to help paint and see it come together!