Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hands and Feet and Everything in Between

Today was our 20 week anatomy scan ultrasound with a radiologist. She was kind of weird and we didn't like her very much but we loved seeing our little man. We brought my Dad with us this time, so he could see his grandson. She told us that she had to take me and J back first to get what she needed and then she would bring my Dad back and go over everything again. I was pretty upset by that because I really wanted my Dad to see it all. 25 minutes later he got to finally come back and she didn't go over everything again, but he got to see him moving around and his face, arms, legs and the heart.
Overall it was good and we got some more great pictures of Baby G. He was head down and was stubborn for awhile and kept putting his hand over his face when she was trying to get pictures of his nose and lips! She couldn't tell us anything, but from the notes she was writing on the screen everything seems good. We will get more info from our peri after he reviews the images.

I am currently resting on the couch as I am a little sore in my pelvic area from all the digging around and pushing she had to do to get all the shots she needed. I googled this because I was feeling paranoid and it seems pretty common.

Here are a couple of pics, one of his arm and outstretched hand, he was making a little crab pinching motion right before this picture! And then one of his face and you can see the lens of his eye.



2 comments:

Mom said...

He looks precious! And you are so close to halfway!!

Dad said...

That was an amazing doctors trip. I got to see the little guy moving around, seeming to wave to us with his hand. It was so clear and detailed. Thank you for sharing with me your amazing little guy. I was very touched and happy just to get the chance.
Love you you both!
Dad/papa to be again :D