Friday, June 3, 2011

Energy is flowing!

Today is CD11 and I started the OPK's yesterday. Ever since last month, when the little smiley face showed up a few days earlier than expected, I am nervous taking them! Last night I was pacing around while the indicator blinked like it was going to give me some horrible news and then it was an open circle I was SO relieved!! I am already nervous again to do another one this afternoon! I am sure it will be over the weekend because that would be the most inconvenient time, but whatever, I'll take it!! I just verified my "standby" status with PRS just in case. So they will be ready for me.

Yesterday I went to my first ever acupuncture appointment. It was really interesting and not what I expected. I was pretty nervous going in, I don't like needles and tend to work myself up quite a bit. I am known to pass out when getting shots or blood drawn. But the room was relaxing and my acupuncturist was calm and made me feel comfortable.We discussed when I should go and how often, she wasn't pushy at all, didn't try and sell me things or talk me into going more than I "need" to. Financially, regular acupuncture is not an option, its pretty pricey. So I was really glad that she wasn't pushy. We decided on a session on the way to SF and one on the way back.We'll see how the timing all works out.

The first thing she did was take my pulses, 3 in each wrist, and she said that my pulses were slightly thin and thready, but not "too bad." I guess that means that my Qi (pronounced chee) has a deficiency and I might have some blood stagnation. She then looked at my tongue and said it was perfect! Yay! Apparently there are about 30 things you can tell about a person based on their tongue. So it being perfect is a good thing. I have been googling all of this info this morning (of course I am) and it seems that my deficiency can't be too bad since my tongue looks good. Its all so interesting!!

We then went into the room for the actual acupuncture session. Again I was nervous and didn't know what to expect, she said it will probably feel like when you pluck your eyebrows when the needle goes in and then some people have a dull achyness, some a warm spreading feeling, some have little zaps of energy and some feel nothing at all. I could definitely tell when she was putting them in but it wasn't painful really, like like a tiny pinch. Then I had a couple that would give me a little zapping feeling but mostly I couldn't feel them at all. I was in the dark with some soft music on for about 30 minutes. She gave me a lavender scented eye pillow and warm packs on my feet. It was really relaxing and I think I could have fallen asleep had it not been my first time. Now my Qi should be happier and my internal energies are flowing!

All and all I liked it and I will be going back hopefully before and after our insemination's!

No comments: