I really thought I was going to be better about this and write it quicker so that I didn't forget any of the details but here we are four months later and I am just writing it. Oh well! :)
Since Baby G was breech and there was no way he was turning around we scheduled a c-section for June 2nd 2012. We were told to be at the hospital at 4am to prepare! There was very little sleep the night before. We were so excited and also nervous to go into a major surgery especially knowing we'd be coming away from it with our baby!
We got to the hospital and were greeted by my family who came with balloons and a Welcome Baby "G" sign. It was so fun to get ambushed and to see their excitement. It helped take some of my nerves away.
 |
| Our Cheering Section |
 |
| 39 Weeks and ready to go! |
We checked in and were taken to a L&D suite to be on the monitor before surgery. They hooked me up to a contraction monitor and not a thing was happening. LOL I am pretty sure I would have gone to 42 weeks. They also did an ultrasound to make sure baby was still breech, and he was. I filled out a bunch of paperwork and they got my IV going. The nurse gave me a sot of something to numb the IV area but it did not work at all and I got pretty woozy. They pumped some fluids in me and then it was go time. J had to stay in the room while they prepared me and then someone would come and get her. We we nervous how she would do alone because she isn't great in a hospital environment and they told us if she passed out they would have to take her to the ER and she wouldn't get to be there! But she did great!!
 |
| Me and Our Wonderful Dr. M (on the left) and his partner |
 |
| Ready to have a baby! |
They walked me back to the OR and it was nothing like I expected...all OR's should be like the ones on TV right! It was basically a small room that looked kind of like an exam room but had all the surgical equipment in it. They got me up on the table and gave my the spinal, the anesthesiologist was having trouble getting my spine to "open up" but once she did boy did I know it. It was like a big ZAP went though the right side of my body!! She got it in and in no time I couldn't feel anything below my ribcage. I kept asking if someone was going to go get J because it seemed like they were about to cut me open, everything was going SO fast! Finally she walked in the room at 6:45am, as I heard the doctor dictating "its 06:45 am and we are here for a cesarean section due to breech presentation..." and off they went.
 |
| Happy my wife is finally with me! |
I couldn't feel anything, not even pressure really, all I could feel was them moving me around, it was like they were rocking me back and forth or something. I think this was the fastest c-section of all time because G was born at 6:49am!! Dr. M told J to get her camera ready because here he came and immediately we could hear him crying! It was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard and J went to the warmer and snapped pictures, she kept coming back and telling me how beautiful he was! The warmer was JUST out of my view so I didn't get to see him for about 15 minutes I think. Wonderful Dr. M left a long section of the cord so that J could cut it. She asked a nurse to take pictures as she did it but apparently said nurse didn't know how to use a camera cause they were either blurry or cut off. But there is one of her preparing with the scissors and stuff so at least we have that. Once the cord was cut and he had a diaper on they brought him over to me and I got to see my son for the first time...he was GORGEOUS! I got to do skin-to-skin in the OR for awhile and I am so glad for that, it is something that we really wanted. After I was all stitched up they wheeled me to recovery with J and G walking along side me, neither of them ever left my side!
 |
| Here he comes! |
 |
| G is here! |
 |
| Mama J cutting the cord |
 |
| Happily holding Mama's finger |
 |
| Skin to Skin time in the OR |
I was pretty sick from the anesthesia and had lost a bit more blood than they had wanted. I was vomiting every time I lifted my head up so the nurse had a dr. give me another nausea drug that made me pretty sleepy. It really helped with the nausea though, no more vomiting. I got to latch him on and he did it right away! We were so excited! J got to get some skin-to-skin time in and then J went out to give the news that he was here and we were all doing just fine. We had a full waiting room and they were all waiting in the hallway, my sister started jumping up and down when she saw J coming and J got so excited that she RAN down the hallway. There were a bunch of hugs and J got to tell everyone his weight and length.
 |
| So excited to share the news! |
 |
| Loving on her new baby boy |
Then our families were allowed to visit, 2-3 at a time to come see me and G. The first visitors were the grandparents, my Mom and Dad and J's Mom. They adored little G and my Mom of course came right over to me to make sure I was ok. Next up was the sisters, my 2 sisters and J's sister. Then J's 2 brothers and my sisters boyfriend.
G then got his first bath, which he did not care for until the nurse washed his head, he loves his little head rubbed.
After that we were transferred to a postpartum room, J got some more skin-to-skin I breastfed my new baby boy again and we had some visitors. By this time I was exhausted and slept with G in my arms.
His first day was beautiful and we were finally a family of 3!!!
We had so much love during our stay in the hospital, a seperate post of our hospital stay will be up shortly.
2 comments:
Oh, thanks for sharing such a beautiful story! :)
Such a happy day for our whole family! Welcome to the world G! We love you!
Post a Comment