He is eating and gaining weight like a champ, he is at 8 pounds 15 ounces, according to our scale. He is getting so big and is growing out of a few of his newborn outfits. Mommy is so proud of him but I don't want him to grow up so fast!!
He is napping right now so I have a few minutes to give an update, its so crazy how the time disappears so quickly! I swear I wake up everyday and think ok, today I will blog and then suddenly its bed time again!
- G LOVES his hands, he wants them next to his face at all times, if you swaddle him he will find a way to get one of both out. He also loves to be swaddled, when its sleep time we put him in a swaddle and turn on our white noise app and he is typically out in just a couple minutes. He is also a fan of his pacifier, when he wants it he sucks away and when he is done he spits it right out. We are thankful to have an extra tool in comforting him.
- G hates having a dirty or wet diaper, if he is fussy its the first thing we check and as soon as you change him he usually calms right down. He also hates being cold, if he gets chilly at all he lets you know.
- Breastfeeding: G is EBF now (we had to supplement some in the hospital) and we are working through our chalenges but overall its going well. We are using a nipple shield for now but hope to wean off of it soon. We feed about ever 2.5 to 3 hours but are letting G direct when and for how long he wants to eat instead of sticking to a more scheduled timeline. It seems to be working out great for us so we will continue. I have a whole post for this as I want to discuss our struggles, breastfeeding is HARD, so rewarding but hard at the same time. It has caused me many tears, both good and bad.
- Sleep: We get 2-3 hour stretches usually a night, of course when it takes a hour to feed and change that means we are getting 1-2 houres of sleep at a time. Closer to 2 most of the time and we are doing okay with that. Sometimes we get longer stretches if he has a longer feeding and sleeps longer. Typing it out makes me feel like its not very much, but it doesn't feel like that most of the time, we are surviving. And we take good naps too.
- We have gotten out of the house quite a few times and it feels really good, neither of us are "homebodies" and feeling cooped up isn't good for us. We enjoy our time out and G has been so good! We have both been out of the house "alone" and its so weird how your brain stays stuck at home and with the baby.
- Healing: I am steadily healing and although I want to be back to 100% faster than this I am being told that I am doing really good for less than 3 weeks post partum. I am not taking any pain meds other than some tylenol here and there and the only pain I have is some incision pain. Its an irritated feeling and its mostly just my skin. I am still trying to take it as easy as I can, no heavy lifting, I try to squat more than bend, etc.
- Cloth Diapers: We haven't been able to use our CD's yet. G's cord still has a couple days left to heal completely but we are dying too!! This guy pee's out of every brand of diaper on the market so we are hoping the CD's will be better. However once we switch he really won't fit into any newborn clothes, yikes!
2 comments:
He's perfect in every way! Can't believe hes 3 weeks old already! I'm glad you are recovering so well!
yay 3 weeks! can't believe it's been that long either ... all of our boys are getting so big. =)
Post a Comment